Are we lost in Space

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Is this The Twilight Zone? Are we moving to The Outer Limits? Is the Obama administration going One Step Beyond?
The Obama administration is considering ways to shrink the US economy. Is this a return of the failed Urban Renewal policies of past administrations? The US economy success depends on growth.
A bank in Texas is bulldozing four brand new homes and twelve nearly finished homes in Victorville city, California, about 85 miles northeast of Los Angeles. Guaranty Bank of Austin acquired the homes in foreclosure and is destroying them, reportedly, to provide a "safe environment" for the neighbors.
Are Bulldozers Now The Best Neighbor? - Realty Check with Diana Olick - CNBC.com
The radical experiment is the brainchild of Dan Kildee, treasurer of Genesee County, which includes Flint.
Having outlined his strategy to Barack Obama during the election campaign, Mr Kildee has now been approached by the US government and a group of charities who want him to apply what he has learnt to the rest of the country.
The US economy requires growth to succeed. Without growth the US economy will fall into a recession or even worse, a depression.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund Monday said a heavy dose of stimulus would ease the U.S. recession this year and lift growth marginally in 2010.
Stimulus to slightly boost U.S. economy -IMF - Forbes.com
Leading economists speak of growth for recovery, so why is the Obama administration looking to shrink the economy?
The current consensus among "green shoot" optimists sees U.S. economic growth going back in 2010 to a rate that is close to the 2.75% potential growth rate, and returning to potential by 2011.
Ten Risks To Global Growth - Forbes.com

What will the next headline read?
Obama Administration Takes Over One Fifth of the US Economy
That's the down side of National Health Care and another story.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
this is just plain sillyness. lol. and I don't know about the rest of you, but when I see the word "learnt" in a news story, it just looks wrong.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
Have you stuck those signs every 60 yards on the highway? :car:

(finally found a use for one of the smileys)
:applause:

Did you guys see this statistic from the story?

An analysis by AP news finds that as of March 31 there are about 4 million homes in the U.S. that have been empty for more than 90 days. That's about 3 percent of all U.S. homes.

I wonder how the ones who spent the extra blood, sweat, and tears building those home feels about that mess? i mean i'd like to think demolition could be fun, what with it being one job where breaking things doesn't get you a trip to the H.R. office or fired, but a brand new home? heck that's worse than giving it away.