Blues review on MHZ TV

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I'm not sure about the future. I watched the tail end of another blues concert on this same channel last week. I think if Trip happen upon this thread, he'll probably have better information on the future programing. He's more in the loop when it comes to the broadcasters.

Trip

Moderator, Webmaster of Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I have another month til I'm back in Charlottesville with MHz WorldView. At that time, I'll get back into it and know more about what they're doing as far as programming.

As it is, I mostly watch the newscasts on MHz.

- Trip

Piggie

Super Moderator
Has anyone else caught the Blues Legends Review on MHZ TV? If you enjoy the Blues music, this one is for you.
I meant to post this early this morning, but got sidetracked.

Blues Legends Review ? Six Generations of Mississippi Blues
No, but now I am upset I don't get MHz.

1inxs, for someone that thought they were getting left behind by the transition, from what I can tell you get more channels than I do in a much more populated area. Cool you get that!

DirecTV carries it considering it a foriegn broadcast, lol. Money money money. Florida started off 50 years ago as one of the best PBS systems in America with WEDU being the states flag ship back then, later to WFSU that hosts two Florida networks shown around the state. But since transition all the little stations that should be local in central fl moved to Orlando to transmit where I can't pick any of them. Oh well, better tv through progress....

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
No, but now I am upset I don't get MHz.

1inxs, for someone that thought they were getting left behind by the transition, from what I can tell you get more channels than I do in a much more populated area. Cool you get that!

DirecTV carries it considering it a foriegn broadcast, lol. Money money money. Florida started off 50 years ago as one of the best PBS systems in America with WEDU being the states flag ship back then, later to WFSU that hosts two Florida networks shown around the state. But since transition all the little stations that should be local in central fl moved to Orlando to transmit where I can't pick any of them. Oh well, better tv through progress....
Yeah, it really worked out well for OTA in my area. It's been awesome. Hopefully things will get hooked up in your area and you'll be able to enjoy more program choices.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Yeah, it really worked out well for OTA in my area. It's been awesome. Hopefully things will get hooked up in your area and you'll be able to enjoy more program choices.
Little chance of anything happening.

1) Our market is small 162 out of 220 markets so there is little advertising money
2) We do have a second PBS that is incredibly low power and analog on CH10 at 57 watts ERP (0.057KW), which is blocked by WJXX full power out of Jacksonville. The analog signal doesn't even cover Gainesville city limits and it's not a big town. Idiots applied for a very very low power on Ch5 digital of which they have put their plans on hold. Doesn't matter as they applied for 300 watts which would give them about 5 mile range on a good day.
TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA
I wish they had applied for some other UHF and at least ran 15 KW as they own their own 300 meter tower. Sad. They could just rebroadcast stuff like MHz, PBS Kids, etc without even needing a master control (all automated).
3) we went until the early 90's before we had a CBS affiliate locally and just this January we finally have a NBC (though too weak for me to watch 470 watts).

However there is a company here now with a license CA, for 45 and it's on the air. They are considering modding to a CD and minor modding it to their main tower. They want to run a bunch of SD subs on it. But that is 37 miles and not sure if I could use them if they even do that.

Pretty much what I have now is all we will have for years to come.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DirecTV 0
A Comcast 0
D Comcast 0