Bob Carver audio components

FOX TV

Contributor
I am an amateur singer and music enthusiast. I have a vintage Carver Model C-4000 High fidelity holographic image Control Console, and this processor is fantastic. It was the predecessor to surround sound, way before surround sound became viable. I also have a Carver M-1.5t Magnetic Field Amplifier, and it is capable of 600 watts per channel continuous. All of Bob Carvers Audio Components were way ahead of their time. i also have a pair of OHM Acoustic Walsh Series speakers that are also ahead of their time when they were new.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
FOX,

Is your equipment from around 1977-8 and did they advertize it as 'Audio Holograph' in the States?

If so, I had a friend back then who was a Submariner and every time he had liberty in Japan, he shipped at least one component home -- long before they were offered in the States. When he left the Navy and returned, we had a party and his audio system was far superior to any other home systems I had heard.

He could copy cassette tapes and 'alter them' with his Audio Holograph unit/s to get some of the same illusion of a large venue production, rather than a sound stage. I blew friends away with my 'cheap' stereo system in my sportscar because it sounded so 'large' ... if you know what I mean.

Jim