Building Own Computers?

Postman

DTVUSA Member
It's been years since I built my own computer but if I ever did, I'm make sure one of my IT tech guys was watching me all the way through the process. Makes it easy to access the computer guys since I'm the manager of the department. Hahaha
I’m just wondering what qualifies you to be the head of the IT department. It has something to do with how long have you have been with the company perhaps.

I’m just wondering what qualifies you to be the head of the IT department. It has something to do with how long have you have been with the company perhaps.
Perhaps he is the one with the better degree and the other are only IT tech guys.

Being a head of a department does not mean that you know all stuff and are able to build the item you are selling.

I would not want the heads of GM to repair my car. I prefer a mechanic, who knows what he is doing.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Perhaps he is the one with the better degree and the other are only IT tech guys.

Being a head of a department does not mean that you know all stuff and are able to build the item you are selling.

I would not want the heads of GM to repair my car. I prefer a mechanic, who knows what he is doing.
Excellent point jerseygirl.

Wow...I have to defend myself about why I'm the IT manager? It's more than just building computers. As a matter of fact, years ago, one IT magazine said that IT managers tend to lose their skills pretty quickly because they are so caught up in the administrative stuff, e.g., meetings (zzzzz). I also deal with the databases that we run so I leave the hardware/network stuff to my tech crew. Is that enough? Sheesh. :D

Jerseygirl...thanks for coming to my defense. :D

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wow...I have to defend myself about why I'm the IT manager? It's more than just building computers. As a matter of fact, years ago, one IT magazine said that IT managers tend to lose their skills pretty quickly because they are so caught up in the administrative stuff, e.g., meetings (zzzzz). I also deal with the databases that we run so I leave the hardware/network stuff to my tech crew. Is that enough? Sheesh. :D

Jerseygirl...thanks for coming to my defense. :D
Hope you know I wasn't being serious. I'm lucky I even know how to spell IT. :popcorn: