Can't get into Roku app - says to connect to Spectrum Internet - TWC TV and Apps

G

live chat fixed mine

I received the RLC-1000 error code live chatted w/ Spectrum Cust. Serv., they synced my system, I logged on before chat ended :) Oh and she did make me uninstall Spectrum app and re-install, said needed fresh sync.

G

I’ve been having this issue for months. I called Spectrum and one representative said the issue was on my end...but when I spoke with another representative, they said it was actually on their end...there was no timetable to be fixed.

G

wow all these messages go back to 4 months ago.. its jan 2018 and i am having this problem on my roku. spectrum says they are aware of it and still hasn't fixed the problem.. that is some pore service. Looks like i won't be watching it on the roku. this sucks!

G

seems spectrumm does not want to fix problems, nor do they want anyone to help they only keep going thru redundant questions to make you feel stupid when most issues are the fault of themselves

K

Kevin

Same problem here in HI. Roku 4 RCL1000 error for spectrum app only. Soft and hard rebooted. - - same. Uninstalled-reinstalled: nope. I expect it'll fix itself tomorrow. Channel has been very good, otherwise - many saved shows in my library 😊

H

Hillenburg

This has happened off and on since Spectrum went digital in my area (error RLC-1000). It appears the Roku Spectrum TV app needs to be on the Spectrum network to get all the channels I'm paying for. Funny thing is . . . I AM ON THE SPECTRUM NETWORK!!! I'm begining to think Spectrum is doing this on purpose. They want everyone to either use a cable box or one of their digital converters. They think people using the Roku are somehow getting TV through the Roku for free! I'm paying for your cable service and it's not cheap!!! I think it's time to cut the cord.

9/8/2018 - We were recently forced to have Spectrum internet and cable in our apartment complex as part of a mandatory tech community thing and yes, same problem with the app not working on Roku so apparently this problem still hasn't been fixed. Everything worked perfectly with my AT&T service.

This has happened off and on since Spectrum went digital in my area (error RLC-1000). It appears the Roku Spectrum TV app needs to be on the Spectrum network to get all the channels I'm paying for. Funny thing is . . . I AM ON THE SPECTRUM NETWORK!!! I'm begining to think Spectrum is doing this on purpose. They want everyone to either use a cable box or one of their digital converters. They think people using the Roku are somehow getting TV through the Roku for free! I'm paying for your cable service and it's not cheap!!! I think it's time to cut the cord.
I think you are absolutely right! September 2018 here and still an issue - I can stream on my laptop, but the Roku app will not work with the same exact login credentials - ridiculous.

P

Pissed off customer

Having this problem now on 9/11/18. I live in townhouses that are all connected and literally my next door neighbors is working just fine but not mine! 😤 How do they pick and choose whos will work and who's won't?

C

CS in Tampa Bay

I’ve been having this issue for months. I called Spectrum and one representative said the issue was on my end...but when I spoke with another representative, they said it was actually on their end...there was no timetable to be fixed.
I am having the same issue on October 17, 18, and 19...every time you call you get a different answer and no ETA of when they will fix it.

Q

quest

I have this problem too. You have to have Spectrum internet. I have Frontier internet service not Spectrum internet so Roku will not work even though I have Spectrum TV.

F

Frustrated

Besides the BS that Spectrum technicians give over the phone about RLC-1000 has anyone been able to overcome this? I cannot even log into the Spectrum App. I have not had TV now for a week and next time their bill comes I think I will pro-rate the bill accordingly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0
V Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0