DirecTV May Drop Smaller, Less Popular Networks to Keep Programming Costs in Check

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member

dkreichen1968

Staff member
That, and the Fox style: "We want to be compensated for our content, or we'll pull our programming." If you have to pay more for programming that people watch, maybe it makes sense to drop the stuff they don't.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
The "Home Basket Weaving Channel" must go.

Too bad they don't dump the religious and shopping channels, as they are either free (religious) or they actually pay to be carried (Shopping channels)

Otherwise, how could they boast of "120 channels"? We know that 1/2 of them are useless, and perhaps 20-30 channels in the package are of value.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Too bad they don't dump the religious and shopping channels, as they are either free (religious) or they actually pay to be carried (Shopping channels)
Let's see here... As far as shopping channels are concerned, the pay-TV people have to make money somehow, and some people don't realize that the people who get "healed" at Benny Hinn "revivals" are either plants or people who were only sick in their heads in the first place. They don't realize that for everyone who gets "healed" there are 20 people with real health problems that "lack the faith" to get healed. It's nice how on TV you don't have to show your failures. I do recommend "Way of the Master" and "Cross Examine." I saw Del Tacket last night across the sanctuary.

n2rj

Staff member
The "Home Basket Weaving Channel" must go.

Otherwise, how could they boast of "120 channels"? We know that 1/2 of them are useless, and perhaps 20-30 channels in the package are of value.
Pull religious channels and people will protest!

The TBN affiliate was pulled from our cable lineup here due to the DTV transition shifting the antenna pattern where they couldn't get a signal. Loads of complaints later, TBN direct from the satellite was re-placed in the lineup.

I believe TBN is one of the largest O&O networks in the country.

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I believe TBN is one of the largest O&O networks in the country.
Affirmative on that. Ion is number one. TBN is like 2 or three. DayStar (the Lucifer Channel) is right up there too.

Remember, just because you don't find value in something (or in my case think it's mostly gross heresy) don't think there aren't millions who think it's great.

Last edited: