DirecTVPromise.com

G

Guestmadd as hell

wake up azzholes

I know one thing this better be resolved by the time football games are airing or you will loose my business for good you are a bunch of greedy azzholes

G

OK folks it's time to quit this crap. DirecTV has no problem collecting my money, but it comes to paying the providers their money, it's too bad for us. I demand a refund for the loss of our ABC channel and if this is not resolved very soon, you will be losing me as a 10+ year customer.

G

Dropping Channels

This is silly on what you are doing. Oh that is right. It is all about the money and not respecting the people who pay and have your service.
It is one of our local stations just 45 miles away and this is pretty bad that you can not get it on our TV. Why don't you make everybody happy and bring back CBS. Plus Thursday night football this year is on CBS, and that makes me really mad. If everybody starts to drop your service, you make less money so bring back the channels and you will make everybody happy:}:}:}.
Do we get our Bill cut with less channels???

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Well, there is a lot of steam and I see that you are letting it go off! I would advise anyone with complaints to contact the company directly and see what happens. Sometimes it is far simpler than we had initially thought it would be. That is my suggestion, anyway.

G

Our local CBS television station quit broadcasting because of unfavorable negotiations with Direct TV. It is said, that with a digital television antenna, we can receive the CBS signal from the local broadcaster. We do not live in the immediate vicinity of the broadcaster and a digital antenna will not work. as I'm sure is true for a lot of remote areas that normally receive CBS via Direct TV. I believe Direct TV must resolve this issue or will lose many remote customers that will switch to a supplier that will pay the fee to assure customers are receiving the programming that they signed up with Direct TV to receive.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Our local CBS television station quit broadcasting because of unfavorable negotiations with Direct TV. It is said, that with a digital television antenna, we can receive the CBS signal from the local broadcaster. We do not live in the immediate vicinity of the broadcaster and a digital antenna will not work. as I'm sure is true for a lot of remote areas that normally receive CBS via Direct TV. I believe Direct TV must resolve this issue or will lose many remote customers that will switch to a supplier that will pay the fee to assure customers are receiving the programming that they signed up with Direct TV to receive.
Eventually DTV will cave and you will get your channel back. Also, CBS will soon make their content available online for $5 a month.

While there are different situations in different parts of the country. There is sometimes an often over looked party playing a part in these disputes. In this part of the country Fox, ABC, and CBS all pulled there signals off of Dish in January of 2012. The dispute lasted four months. As the broadcasters blamed Dish, and Dish blamed the broadcasters in the display that was put on for the viewing public. Very few took notice that the cable company serving the area had just started buying up large amounts of advertising on the local network affiliate stations. Prior to all of this the cable company was losing customers to Dish at a rapid rate. As the viewing public was suppose to blame the greedy broadcaster for over charging Dish, or Dish for not paying the broadcaster a fair rate. No one was suppose to notice the amount of money the cable company was paying the broadcasters in the form of advertising dollars in their attempt to gain subscribers.
Other retransmission disputes in other parts of the country have probably been fueled in different ways, but if you look close I'm certain you will find a money trail. It's not always the one they want you to see.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Back in the old days, networks paid local broadcasters for carriage, and broadcasters saw cable companies as a way to increase their distribution. There may have even been a point where cable channels paid for distribution on local cable systems. Those were the days when cable was only a few dollars a month. Now the money chain starts with pay TV subscribers and advertisers, and goes up from there. Pay TV providers pay TV stations (and cable channels) to distribute their product. TV stations have to pay the networks, and ultimately the networks have to pay the content producers and the sports leagues. That is why sports, including college sports, are such big businesses. (College coaches with multi million dollar contracts.) Local network stations have been pushing for up to $1 a month per subscriber, and ESPN costs the cable or other pay TV company as much as $6 a month per subscriber. Now you know why your cable or satellite bill is as high as it is!

C

Concerned customer

Concerned

I have been a very very loyal direct TV customer I can't believe dish cable and max south all have channel nine Wtva and wlov what is wrong with you people don't you know you are about to loose Millon's of customes just because you not the TV stations are wanting more money do you think your viewers are that stupid when dish and cable and max south all provide Wtva and wlov to all there customers your prices are high enough as it is if I had known direct TV had turned there backs on there customers like this I would have stayed with dish and if this is not brought back on air quickly I will return to dish or max south as Millon's of others are planning to do and by the way you really don't show anything much worth watching any more any way but you sure know how to jack up the prices my first year was supposed to be 78 dollars its over a hundred a month I live on ssi I was lied to from the beginning when I had direct TV three years ago I was happy and loyal yal have really messed up your customers for your own benefit not ours if they want more money why can you not pay it you certainly make enough off your customers dish pays it cable pays it max south pays it and there customers bills are cheaper than direct TV its yal not the TV stations resolve this in a hurry or I'm leaving direct TV and you will never get a good reference from me and Millon's more channel nine is our soul provider for our news and severe weather we need this station now you people can set on your thick wallets and loose all your customers or pay and not raise our bill cause they certainly high enough as it is or bring back our local channel nine

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I have been a very very loyal direct TV customer I can't believe dish cable and max south all have channel nine Wtva and wlov what is wrong with you people don't you know you are about to loose Millon's of customes just because you not the TV stations are wanting more money do you think your viewers are that stupid when dish and cable and max south all provide Wtva and wlov to all there customers your prices are high enough as it is if I had known direct TV had turned there backs on there customers like this I would have stayed with dish and if this is not brought back on air quickly I will return to dish or max south as Millon's of others are planning to do and by the way you really don't show anything much worth watching any more any way but you sure know how to jack up the prices my first year was supposed to be 78 dollars its over a hundred a month I live on ssi I was lied to from the beginning when I had direct TV three years ago I was happy and loyal yal have really messed up your customers for your own benefit not ours if they want more money why can you not pay it you certainly make enough off your customers dish pays it cable pays it max south pays it and there customers bills are cheaper than direct TV its yal not the TV stations resolve this in a hurry or I'm leaving direct TV and you will never get a good reference from me and Millon's more channel nine is our soul provider for our news and severe weather we need this station now you people can set on your thick wallets and loose all your customers or pay and not raise our bill cause they certainly high enough as it is or bring back our local channel nine

Hello. This is not DirecTV's website. DTVUSAforum is not affiliated with DirecTV in anyway.
Your rant would be more effective if you were to complain to DirecTV. https://support.directv.com/app/contact_us

Last edited:
G

Guest karen

you better get back channel 12 or I am through with you like others you can raise the prices I can't believe on New years eve. Fix this or I am done. There is enough problems with Direst tv the way it is. You wrecked my New Years eve so you better do something for all of us or the smart people will leave. We need to get together and strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

These guys are making a ton of money already but want more. Typical American corporate greed!! I've already arranged for new service because of the increases in price for less programming and service!!

I

I pay for my stuff

Pissed off

I have been with direct TV for 12 years this is my best wishes go ------ yourself your fired

G

This is ridiculous for the consumer. We are paying for and not getting ABC. Direct tv better do something soon or we will go to Dish!

S

Sherry

A very upset customer!

DIRECT TV TOOK OF CHANNEL 2!! This was NOT in the agreement I signed. The Bachelor is starting, General Hospital and SEVERAL OF MY SHOWS are on 2, I'll go elsewhere if they don't put it back immediately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Comcast 0
B Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0