Dish Hopper vs. Spectrum Humax - Time Warner TV

This question is about "Dish Hopper vs. Spectrum Humax", with Time Warner Cable TV and apps. I recently moved from Dish for one reason: Spectrum Sportsnet and the L.A. Dodgers. I finally got tired of not being able to watch a game whenever I wanted. Honestly, if Dish had been able to make a deal with Spectrum to carry Sportsnet, i'd still be with them and here's why:

The Hopper is far better than the Humax World Box. Double the storage space, more tuners, a better interface, and some important features lacking in Spectrum's offerings. First, why Spectrum doesn't offer a whole house system is beyond me. It seems like a no-brainer to have a Joey-like device that can access the main DVR without having to get a second DVR that has to be separately programmed to record the same shows. But Spectrum doesn't have it.

Next, I haven't figured out a way to have the DVR record all Dodger games, without me having to set up individual games every couple of days. The Hopper allowed me to set that up with one or two clicks. Again, no brainer stuff that is inexplicably missing with the Spectrum system.

Next, Spectrum apparently lacks the ability to save a limited number of episodes from a series. I honestly don't need to save an unlimited number of the news shows I watch, and I would have liked an option to keep one or two shows max at any given time. Once again, no-brainer stuff.

Finally, unlike the Dish Hopper, you cannot access your home DVR from the mobile app, and are limited to live programming. Another frustrating limitation.

On the positive side, Spectrum offers more HD programming at the price point I'm willing to pay and the quality of the picture appears to be slightly better than Dish. In addition, I won't have to put up with Dish's seemingly endless disputes with providers and the loss of programming that results.

In the end, I'm glad I made the switch as I'm now able to watch all of the Dodger games. But Specrum equipment is really poor in comparison to the satellite companies, unfortunately.

Btw, if any of you have solutions to the above problems, I'd appreciate your input.

This topic covered Dish Hopper vs. Spectrum Humax, and TWC cable tv service.