Dish Network nixing Big 10 Network?

I've seen around a few places that Dish Network and Big 10 may be in a squabble. Contracts end Aug. 31. Dish may not renew with big 10. Perfect timing going into football season. Anyone heard anything about this?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Seen it to, and if the past disputes with other content providers are any indication of what to expect, I'd say chances are that they won't settle until the day before, or if it all.

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
I'm sure Dish would be more than willing to continue carrying Big 10 at the current reimbursement level until a contract is agreed upon, but...

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The Nebraskans that signed up for Dish so they could watch there Huskers will be highly upset if they are unable to see the Huskers because of a contract dispute. I think that energyzer and I understand that. State religion of Nebraska: Husker football!!! ;)

Last edited:
The Nebraskans that signed up for Dish so they could watch there Huskers will be highly upset if they are unable to see the Huskers because of a contract dispute. I think that energyzer and I understand that. State religion of Nebraska: Husker football!!! ;)
Yes, there will be a mass exodus of Dish network for Directv if that comes to pass. I'll be watching BTN on the iPad, so I'm not concerned, but there are already some grumblings. Most of the games so far are either on ABC, ESPN, or FOX.