Extra HDMI Inputs

Andy2

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I want to get the Vizio Smart TV but it only has one HDMI input, I would like it to have more is there some sort of extender I can get to help me accomplish this?

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
I have been using a 1X5 HDMI switch from Monoprice for several years. First one was a couple of months out of warranty when it started to bring up blank screens. Called Monoprice and they still replaced it for free.

We use their 1X4 switches at the university to switch between HDMI sources, running about 20 of them, no replacements needed so far been in service about 1 1/2 years).

I would have no qualms about buying another, but I just bought a surround sound with 4 HDMI inputs so I no longer need a switch.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I can't believe the lack of HDMI inputs on new TV sets, given how many devices are available that require an HDMI port. My 52" Phillips made in 2007 has 4 HDMI, 1 component, 1 composite, and a DVI port - and I was using them all except 1 HDMI until it went into storage last month. Looking at newer TV sets, most have only 1 or 2 HDMI inputs.

We are to be simple happy people. With one simple cable, one simple cable box, one simple bill, and enjoy the simple programming selected for us. Who would want more than that. It's simple.
Steve

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
We are to be simple happy people. With one simple cable, one simple cable box, one simple bill, and enjoy the simple programming selected for us. Who would want more than that. It's simple.
Steve
All from one simple cable company. They would prefer that your simply bundle your TV, internet, and phone service from the same simple company.