Garble on television screen but not on streaming shows

J

JohnMatteson

For nearly a month now I have been having interruptions on my regular television service. Screens pixelating (Garble), dropping to black. On shows recorded on the DVR they pixelate in the same place, if I backup and replay a show segment. On streaming to the computer, this does not happen.

X1 tech came out and replaced the X1 box and the coax from the wall to the box. Somewhat better quality picture, but it still pixelated. Called COMCAST tech support, the know nothing script reader told me to change out the HDMI cable. So I did, as suggested, with no change in results.

I can't get past the IVR without having the X1 box rebooted, and then the phone tech (script reader) start a "troubleshooting session" that does nothing when he determines that the cable box is fine. I do not want to get into and endless cycle of troubleshooting visits, box replacements with each visit costing me 149 USD for the equipment and visit.

WHO CAN I CALL THAT WILL LISTEN TO ME, DO SOMETHING MORE THAN PUSH A 'REFRESH' BUTTON ON THEIR COMPUTER SCREEN, THROW UP THEIR HAND AND TELL ME THAT'S ALL THEY CAN DO?

"Garble on television screen but not on streaming shows," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding Garble on television screen but not on streaming shows, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.