Grrr..Comcast Gltiches!

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I've only been with Comcast a few months now and so far have had so many problems with them. The Digital Box is constantly messing up. The channels will freeze in the middle of a show and then the entire box will just turn off by itself. I called tech support about it and they sent someone out to replace the box with a new one, and the new one is doing the same exact thing! Is anyone else having these issues with Comcast? Oh and their "extra features" only work half the time if even that. Their supposed caller ID that shows up on your tv screen when someone calls in rarely works and their free On Demand shows give me error messages every time I try to watch one. I am about at my wits end with Comcast but would like for it work since I've already dished out so much fricken money just for installation alone.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
There could be a problem with the connection to your house or the connection to the line to your house. I've been through this. You have to keep calling and keep on top of all the possibilities. We have squirrels and they do a ton of damage to the lines. Last year, I was the one who kept bugging them until they did replace not only the lines but a bad box. If people don't call and keep saying there's a problem, it won't get fixed. You have to keep calling and showing them what is happening. If it's intermittent, see if you can get it on tape to show them (I did that).

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
There could be a problem with the connection to your house or the connection to the line to your house. I've been through this. You have to keep calling and keep on top of all the possibilities. We have squirrels and they do a ton of damage to the lines. Last year, I was the one who kept bugging them until they did replace not only the lines but a bad box. If people don't call and keep saying there's a problem, it won't get fixed. You have to keep calling and showing them what is happening. If it's intermittent, see if you can get it on tape to show them (I did that).
Hmm, you are probably right. We have a ton of trees and squirrels in the back yard too. It would be so much easier to keep calling them if their wait time wasn't so long...but I guess that's better than what is happening now. Thanks for the tip.