How to turn off DirecTV screen saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hgfgfhgff

Is there a way to turn off the screen saver that pops up after so many minutes? It's so annoying that I have to press a button on the remote to get it to go back to what I was watching.
I have the same problem. People keep saying about power save but that's not it. Power save has nothing to do with screen saver coming on.

T

TJ M

It looks like a fix from another site is working. Press and hold EXIT until it reverts to SD. Then, press and hold again until it comes back to HD. So far, so good.

P

Poo

I think perhaps disabling power saver will disable the screen saver:

Click the MENU button on your remote, select Settings, and then select Power Saving. To turn off the power-saving feature, select Off.

I may be wrong, since its been years since I had DirecTV. Anyone else on the forum have an answer for our guest?
Thank you so much those ads were driving me insane! I can’t wait until June when my contract with at&t runs out!!!

S

Sher

Power saver does not work. Settings/Display/preferences/Banner Time - only gives you options for seconds to choose, not to turn screen saver off. I have looked there is no way to turn this irritating screensaver OFF.

M

Mike

the screensaver comes on within a few minutes, not hours.

I want it GONE. If that means switching providers, fine.

DTV F'ing us and our customers

I have customers that their houses were wired years ago before HDMI. Some are component and others are composite while others are a modulated signal on channels we created.
First they took away the ability to watch HD 1080i at local tv while watching a remote TV (menu and guide give the retarded "Press and hold exit) to change resolution.
Then the stupid screensaver that pops up when you don't do anything for an hour or two. Power saver and scrolling are off.
We built your company and now your F'ing us and our customers by this garbage.
Guess we will start doing FTA and the like.
It costs less and you get so much more.
I knew things would get worse when AT&T hijacked DTV and I was right.
Call their service number. IF you can get someone that you can understand, good luck.
Youre F'ing yourselves by wasting money on DTV

A

anon.

If you don't want ads when you pause DTV, go into your router settings under firewall or security - look for block keyword or URL -- Add dtvstb-screensaver.secure.footprint.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Comcast 0
B Comcast 0
C Comcast 0