Is Dish offering HBO and Showtime for free?

U

Unregistered

At one time, Dish Network was offering HBO and Showtime for 3 months if you asked for it on their website using their Dish Network Chat feature. Even if you already had an account. I don't see the option anymore for talking to someone on their main website.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Just browsing their deals on at dish.com/entertainment/packages/

I see that you can get HBO, Cinemax, and Starz for up to 3 months if you sign up for a 24 month subscription. 30 total channels.

Don't know about people with existing subscriptions though.

MikeL DISH

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I saw your post and would be happy to help! Since Blockbuster @Home is our popular new feature, the offer of it at no cost for three months has replaced the HBO and Showtime promotion. You can check out more of our pricing and promotions at dish.com and I would encourage you to let me know if you have any questions!

At one time, Dish Network was offering HBO and Showtime for 3 months if you asked for it on their website using their Dish Network Chat feature. Even if you already had an account. I don't see the option anymore for talking to someone on their main website.

G

At End of 3 Month Promotional Period with Dish Network, It Is Worth Another Promotion

I am now getting the promotional Encore deal. However, what I learned is that you end up with all of the Starz and Encore channels for $2.5 per month for 6 month. That's pretty sweet. At first I thought I was getting only 1 channel, and then I thought the reason I was getting all of the others was that I was still in the promotional period. When I double-checked, HBO has been turned off per my request at the end of the promotional period. So, I have started the $2.5 per month Encore deal.