Kosmic Antennas: SuperQuad 4 Bay Bowtie

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Yea, get above the roof with the ksq, it should do the trick. Use a pre amp only if you have problems with a roof mounted ksq.
I'd try pointing to 150 degrees to get those vhf's, and you should get the stronger UHF's off the back. (You may want to try the ksq without the screen, also)

Last edited:
So... the big question... are you still selling these, EV? If I promise to move it outside and boost it up to 25 feet... then could I buy one? I really like the design and would love to build one myself (as you've been more than helpful with this thread for the DIY crowd), however, after adding up the cost of all the pieces, EV's pricing is a lower overall cost. Sure I could buy the stuff and make 3... but then I'd have darn near three times the cost of what EV sells them for. Plus, after reading the thread, it'd be great to buy from someone that really cares about what he sells. The level of support here is way beyond what you normally see in the marketplace.

Sorry to ask such ignorant questions in my earlier post. I thought the more information the better... if anything, it just goes to show how much I need to learn. I figured, I needed to ask the questions to learn more about what I'm doing wrong.

-Jason

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I havent been making them for a while now. But I think I have some parts for a few. Let me see what I have, and Ill get back to you.

You would probably do better just getting a Channel Master 4228HD though.

tballister

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Antenna Hack
Hi EV et al.
Maybe not so appropriate to post here, but since you relate to the CM4228HD I thought I'd let this forum know my latest hack was to implement Ken Nist's harness recommendations for the CM4228HD. You can find a link at my Antenna Hacks page.

Merry Christmas!
t

G

Two anteenas opposite directions

My TV stattions are located opposite each other. Half are SW and half are NE direction. Can two of these antenna be connected to a splitter and one pointed in SW direction and the other in the NE direction and still work well?

tballister

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Antenna Hack
My TV stattions are located opposite each other. Half are SW and half are NE direction. Can two of these antenna be connected to a splitter and one pointed in SW direction and the other in the NE direction and still work well?
It'll be a crap shoot to say either yes or no without more specific info regarding location and distance from sources. If signals are hot rabbit ears at about 5-6" extension will give you a figure-8 reception pattern (bi-polar, e.g., equal response from either side). If not, what you might be able to succeed at depends heavily on that signal strength question.

But as 'johnlvs2run' comments, there are many anecdotes floating around about success with 2, 4, or 8-bays with reflector removed, for UHF. But if you've got VHF stations in the mix you may need to add something for those.

Theoretically, you might also get away with two 8-bays like the CM4228 which is a UHF design but has some usefulness at VHF. Depending on specific channels and their wavelengths you might have to turn one of them upside down to avoid phase cancellation. But you'll get a little of that whether right side up or up side down, depending on exact frequency.

Good luck
t