Learn something everyday: Returning Spectrum equipment on their dime... - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Learn something everyday: Returning Spectrum equipment on their dime...", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Yesterday I was having some wifi connection/disconnection problems that tech support wasn't able to solve, so they suggested I replace my current Technicolor TC8718t modem which i've had for maybe a year with a new. one.

I readily agreed because our local Spectrum store is like 5 minutes from where I live.

So I get to the store, and the doors are locked, and i noticed they had a sign on the door saying where if you needed service where to go.

It turns out this is a 1 hr and 40 mile round trip to another county.

To make a long story short, they replaced my Technicolor with a Hitron E31N2V1 Modem and a Sagemcom RAC2V1S F@st 5280 Router, and of course it solved my problem.

What I really learned was that is if you have equipment to return, and you don't want to drive an hour and 40 miles you can have Spectrum mail you the equipment you need and do a self-install, if you are no hurry to have internet for like a week probably , and then you can just goto your local UPS Store and have the old equipment shipped back to Spectrum free of charge:

Spectrum.net

My local UPS Store is like 5 minutes away. I wonder how long that will last?

What could possibly go wrong?

Learn something everyday: Returning Spectrum equipment on their dime...?