Losing Connectivity - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Losing Connectivity", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I was without internet for over 24 hours; used my phone mobile data to find out through Spectrum chat that there was an outage in my area, and I would receive a phone call when the service was back up. Once I got that phone call stating service was restored, my internet was still down. Called CS and have a tech coming out tomorrow. I would like some suggestions on verbiage I can give the tech to have the root cause of the drops investigated, since this has been happening pretty regularly now.

I have a Spectrum issued modem that I just got in December; this past Thursday, that modem was continually cycling trying to connect, but was unsuccessful (upstream/downstream light blinking, online light not on). I have a back up modem that I connected, and the upstream light is continually blinking ( I connected this modem after I got the automated phone call that the outage mentioned above had been resolved).

I was able to see the Spectrum modem log (from last Tuesday, which was the last time I checked it), and my upstream speed was 52.25 dbmv. From what I have been researching, since I'm far from tech savvy, is anything over 50 causes issues. I have had this problem before, and a previous tech came out (actually, it took 3 techs) to find out that my upstream speed was too high, and they managed to bring it down to the mid 40s, and everything worked fine. But, when I would randonmly check my modem logs, I would notice my upstream speed still going back up, most I saw was 58. When the speed went back up, I had connection problems.

I have checked the coaxial cable in my house, all seems fine. I have no idea what to look for on the outside of the house to make sure everything is the way it should be.

What would be the best way to explain to the tech on my visit tomorrow that I really think the problem is the line outside from the pole to my house? I have tried to explain on my last visit, but they sent no truck out to check up on the pole or the lines coming into my house. Is there any "Spectrum speak" I can use so they can fully investigate my problem?

Losing Connectivity?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D DirecTV 0
R Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 1