Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Sad to say I have not been paying nearly enough attention to men's college basketball this year to provide any intelligent commentary on the upcoming tournament. So I'm coming here to ask you what you think the main story lines will be. Does Wichita State have any chance of running the table for an undefeated season? What top seeds are vulnerable in the early rounds? What low seeds could sneak into the final four? Who will win the whole thing?

My office is going to do its annual brackets for the NCAAs and I have no idea who is who and what is what. Any tips for someone looking to do a bracket and not get totally embarrassed?

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
My office is going to do its annual brackets for the NCAAs and I have no idea who is who and what is what. Any tips for someone looking to do a bracket and not get totally embarrassed?
Pick Florida to win the whole thing! Although I might be a little biased. A little late now, though. i missed my chance to join, I remembered a few hours after it had already started.

I went with Kentucky to win it all :) Will see if they can win today against Wichita State! I'm lucky in that my Final Four in my bracket is still in tact...but barely!!

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Is this the most upset-heavy tournament in recent memory, or is it just being portrayed that way? It sure seems like it to me. Some of it had to do with dubious seeding, I think. But some of the outcomes were genuinely surprising. CaliTVguy called Wichita State's loss, but most people I know have lost at least one team from their final four bracket already. And no-one is going to win the billion from Buffet.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
The sheer odds of someone winning Warren Buffet's thing was astronomically low. I don't think it's going to happen before the end of basketball. And I think a lot of upsets happened last year as well. It's going to always happen just because basketball is more random in wins, especially due to a single-loss elimination.

Florida all the way! It's going to happen!

Well, I'm entering the Sweet 16 with 13 of the 16 teams in play! If I can get all four of my Final Four picks to get there, I could be in the running for the Top 20! (Sitting at around 2,100 ranking right now). Will see :) Course my luck will be that I come in 21st place!!