Muppets aka Sesame Street

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I don't think I truly ever appreciated The Muppets until I got older. Anyone else a fan? Loved the show on PBS but the movies were even better.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
The Muppets are wonderful. Kermie is a delight and there are just so many other great characters. I think they're classic. I watched one of their specials the other night on TV.

The Muppets are great! If you take a look at the tv show, you'll hear a lot of humor geared toward adults and it goes right over the heads of kids. Then again, I do like Muppet Babies, too.

I never really got into the Muppets that much until I became an adult, since I used to find the show really corny as a kid. Then as I grew up, I learned to appreciate just about everything on Muppets Tonight/Muppet Show...from the grumpy old guys, to the Swedish Chef and so on. Sometimes shows just need some time for you to put them in the right perspective to appreciate them.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I never really got into the Muppets that much until I became an adult, since I used to find the show really corny as a kid. Then as I grew up, I learned to appreciate just about everything on Muppets Tonight/Muppet Show...from the grumpy old guys, to the Swedish Chef and so on. Sometimes shows just need some time for you to put them in the right perspective to appreciate them.
Bork Bork Bork!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo[/YOUTUBE]

:daffy:

Oh wow lol

You really made my day with that Video Clip, Aaron!

I really wish I had some way to watch full episodes of the Muppets online, but I have yet to find a place that has them. Should anybody know of such a site, please let me know!

Yeah, Hulu really has a lot of great things on it...but surprisingly there is no Muppet Show on there or any other sites, and it seriously is a huge shame. Maybe eventually somebody will get a hint and have some site for viewing them?

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
The Muppets were great! The puppets kept the kids occupied while a lot of the humor was really intended for adults. It's fun going back and watching some of those episodes and seeing the show in a totally different light!

Okay I saw a muppet parody on Robot Chicken the other night with the swedish chef and just had to laugh. I think the difference with when I saw the first muppets on sesame stree back in the 60's (?) 70's is that Jim Hansen had not become that main stream, as I recall there were some specials tht aired with Kermit and then later the show got big. I ant to say through Fraggel rock but i am not certain about that as there was also a muppet show in or near prime time. I liked Beaker, he mae me laugh every time

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
One of my all time favorite Muppet episodes was the Star Wars special, especially Gonzo's rendition of Darth Vader. Classic episode in my opinion.

Muppets were and to some extent still are very much ahead of their time, with the witty writing and memorable characters that could be appreciated by both adults and children alike. There was so much intelligence put into the Muppet Show, people often seem to forget just how brave and daring of a show that it was at times.