Netflix vs Hulu

Net Flix is a company that helps me enjoy my new HD Television. The color graphics have been great. The P.B.S.ORG Documentary
the Magic of the Snowy Owls. Or the picture show of Trees a non-narrative documentary accompanied by background music showed my how much better the HD picture format is. My children like the television shows.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
See, I choose Netflix more for quantity and selection than quality. The internet in my house isn't astounding, and by that I mean it's crap. So when I watch Netflix it's because I want to watch that specific show.
In other words, you really surprised me with the HD comment because I had no idea that Netflix provided a quality picture in any way. I wish the internet in my living room wasn't so terrible...

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
See, I choose Netflix more for quantity and selection than quality. The internet in my house isn't astounding, and by that I mean it's crap. So when I watch Netflix it's because I want to watch that specific show.
In other words, you really surprised me with the HD comment because I had no idea that Netflix provided a quality picture in any way. I wish the internet in my living room wasn't so terrible...
Not only is Netflix available in HD if your internet provider can give you the bandwidth, but you can also control the quality by accessing your Netflix settings on your computer. I have set my quality kind of low because I have a monthly bandwidth cap. The kids watch a lot and they won't notice if their cartoons are HD. If there's something I want to watch in HD, I boot the computer and change to HD.

Yup, the video settings for Netflix area common area that folks forget to "tweak" with the service! We leave HD off by default on ours to make sure we're not watching all the kid junk in high def as well!

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
Not only is Netflix available in HD if your internet provider can give you the bandwidth, but you can also control the quality by accessing your Netflix settings on your computer. I have set my quality kind of low because I have a monthly bandwidth cap. The kids watch a lot and they won't notice if their cartoons are HD. If there's something I want to watch in HD, I boot the computer and change to HD.
How do I miss these things... I have my laptop hooked up to my TV, so I would notice it even more than others who just watch it on their computer. My whole apartment place has terrible internet, but I might just have to go check out what I can do. Netflix is sustenance and I would prefer quality sustenance.

OMG You reminded me why I dislike Hulu commercials so much. It's the repetition. It's the same four commercials over and over and over to the point where I think the ads are working against the companies that put them up because I HATE THEM SO MUCH. When I used to watch Hulu a couple of years ago I remember I had some of the commercials memorized. Sounds kinda cool--it wasn't.
I'm completely with you on that and that's way worse than than the repetition of commercials on cable TV. It's the same when you watch a sanctioned online version of a network show. I remember trying to watch The Bachelorette online a couple of years ago, and every 10 or so minutes the same KFC commercial would pop up beginning with an old man shouting 'Mash potatoes and gravy!' each time. It was hellish! Even if it eats up more program time, I still think the controlled rotation of commercials on cable is preferable to the randomly repeated pop-up ads on internet TV.

I have to agree about the commercials too- My hubby and I can watch 2 hours of shows on Hulu and we will see the same 6 commercials over and over and over.... and day after day they are the same too often times. Its annoying, but is not enough to make me stop watching or using Hulu. I usualy use the commercials as a bathroom break anyways, so it really doesnt matter what they are so long as I get the break LOL

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I have to agree about the commercials too- My hubby and I can watch 2 hours of shows on Hulu and we will see the same 6 commercials over and over and over.... and day after day they are the same too often times. Its annoying, but is not enough to make me stop watching or using Hulu. I usualy use the commercials as a bathroom break anyways, so it really doesnt matter what they are so long as I get the break LOL
I actually encounter that as well, that I don't mind the duration of the commercials. I do need breaks sometimes, clearly--bathroom, grabbing some grub, etc. However, like I said before, it's the freaking repetition. I just don't want to deal with the same stupid stuff all the time. I'd be okay with varying stupid stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Comcast 0
C Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0