New 4K UHD TV and 4K Box getting HDCP 2.2 error

J

JPWildman2

Hello,

Recently purchased a 55" Toshiba 4K Fire TV Edition. Swapped my older non 4K capable X1 box for a 4K Box. I also purchsed a new 4K UHD HDMI cable (18Gbps or whatever) just in case. Hooked up using my usual set up of: Box > 5.1 receiver > TV. Device settings only showed 1080P 60 as best available. Took receiver out of equation and hooked box directly to TV via HDMI1. Now 4K shows as option... Great, I think to myself as I scroll down and select it but NO, I get the HDCP 2.2 B.S. error. Long story short tried different ports/different cables including the one provided with the new box... nothing. Finally , somehow got it to work and was able to select and switch to 4K resolution with my new HDMI Cable but I couldn't figure out how to get the sound to output to my receiver. Went back to my old set up just so I could do just that thinking I could switch back once I figured it all out. Now I can't get 4K back without the HDCP 2.2 error even going directly from Box to TV with new HDMI cable. What gives?

"New 4K UHD TV and 4K Box getting HDCP 2.2 error," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding New 4K UHD TV and 4K Box getting HDCP 2.2 error, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Comcast 0
T Comcast 0
T Comcast 0