Optimum (Cablevision) Guide Data Outage

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
For most of last weekend, the guide feature on all of the cable boxes in our house was non-functional. This was slightly annoying, as it made both navigating live TV and setting up recordings difficult. This sort of thing has been happening semi-frequently lately, usually at night. I didn't contact Cablevision, but it was pretty annoying.

Today I received the following email:

On Sunday March 9th, some of our customers lost access to TV program guide data on their Scientific Atlanta digital cable boxes. We know how frustrating this can be and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To thank you for your patience, we're giving you two free months of Movie Pak, a value of $11.90. Movie Pak, available on channel 510, is an exciting service that offers thousands of movies on demand. Your free access to Movie Pak will begin on March 14th and will be automatically removed from your account on May 14th.

Thanks for Choosing Optimum

I have no idea whether or not I'll end up using the Movie Pak, and I'd still rather have the guide function properly, but I thought this was a classy move on their part.