Persona 4

Aries

DTVUSA Member
I managed to pick this up a while ago, and I have to say that I'm loving it. It's hard as Hell though.

In short, it's an RPG that focuses on a string of kidnappings that end in strange murders with no causes of death. It turns out that people are quite literally being thrown into an alternate dimension within the TV, and their dark sides, as well as what others think of them, create an area devoted to them, and those areas are infested with shadows that kill the person when the fog settles in.

I know it doesn't sound much, but it really is great. Most of the Shin Megami Tensei games are pretty dark and occult, but I got a lot of laughs out of this. Then again, I've also sworn loudly at the TV when I get my ass royally handed to me.

Unlike most RPGs, the difficulty can be described as "Either you completely dominate them, or they completely dominate you", since the battle system puts heavy emphasis on exploiting the enemies weak points while covering your own.

I dunno how it got a Mature rating though, it's Teen at worst, the most objectionable thing in it is the fact that Kanji swears like a sailor.

Anyone else played it?

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
I dunno how it got a Mature rating though, it's Teen at worst, the most objectionable thing in it is the fact that Kanji swears like a sailor.

Anyone else played it?
The Mature rating is basically CYA for the dialogue - they don't want to bleep the words. Doing that is too much work and distracting, and totally ruins the popularity of that character.

I've seen a few costumes at the Anime Expo based on the Persona characters.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nniIyo-hIaY[/YOUTUBE]

Damn, I was playing the latest persona on the PSP and it was a universe away from the PS2 i played months ago. It was full of 2d, girly songs, outdated sh** like it was made by girls. Damn, i really like the ps2 games but not the psp one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0