Portable DTV

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
.....I have two 7 inch portables I got on clearance that are great when the power goes out, or if I am installing antennas. I only wish they had mobile DTV.
Thank you for the reply. Which 7 inch portables do you own?

I stopped by Radio Shack today and picked up an RCA DPTM7OR 7" LCD TV. They wanted $120 in store, but they price matched Amazon and knocked it down to $85. Ironically, it shows $85 on line at RadioShack.com and here they made me wait quite a while before they did the price match. I have noticed that quite a bit with WalMart and Best Buy, too. A price in store does not necessarily equal the on line price.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Older RCA and an Eviant. I like the Eviant better. The RCA has a design flaw, it has no power switch, it is always on so that yoou can turn it on with the remote. So when you store it unplugged it drains the battery - when you need it most, it is dead. The Eviant I picked up at Kmart for under $20 on the clearance rack. Someone probably didn't know that you had to put it on "antenna" in the menu and scan for channels and they returned it as defective,

Instructions, who needs them, right?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Most of the portable DTV sets I have seen are "bare bones". They usually have a composite in and a coax in.
The exceptions are some of the larger sets that are meant for 12 volt (RV) use.

Thank you for the reply. Which 7 inch portables do you own?

I stopped by Radio Shack today and picked up an RCA DPTM7OR 7" LCD TV. They wanted $120 in store, but they price matched Amazon and knocked it down to $85. Ironically, it shows $85 on line at RadioShack.com and here they made me wait quite a while before they did the price match. I have noticed that quite a bit with WalMart and Best Buy, too. A price in store does not necessarily equal the on line price.
Jim, one thing about that RCA DPTM70R from Radio Shack is that it doesn't have the mobile DTV tuner (ATSC-M/H), so you won't be able to use or watch it while in a moving car. Just a thought.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F DTV | HDTV Chat 1