Hot Deal: Post your own 'BEST DEAL' of the season here

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
I think I hit the jackpot yesterday.

Our second Phillips DVD player died a month back so we have been looking for a replacement. I went to our local Fred Meyer 'superstore' and decided to buy a Sony Blue-Ray BDP-S350.

It turned out that model has been discontinued and the display unit was the last one they had. I talked to the sales-kid and he talked to his manager, then I did. He must have been in the Christmas spirit.

CNET has the high-range price listed at $519.59, Fred Meyer had it discounted to $199.99 but it was missing its carton. After half an hour of hunting for the remote control, owners manual, warrantee paperwork etc, he rang it up on the register and including almost 10% sales tax (Washington) it cost me $65.69. Woohoo! Merry Christmas! :D

Jim

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray players/recorder reviews - CNET Reviews

I think I hit the jackpot yesterday.

Our second Phillips DVD player died a month back so we have been looking for a replacement. I went to our local Fred Meyer 'superstore' and decided to buy a Sony Blue-Ray BDP-S350.

It turned out that model has been discontinued and the display unit was the last one they had. I talked to the sales-kid and he talked to his manager, then I did. He must have been in the Christmas spirit.

CNET has the high-range price listed at $519.59, Fred Meyer had it discounted to $199.99 but it was missing its carton. After half an hour of hunting for the remote control, owners manual, warrantee paperwork etc, he rang it up on the register and including almost 10% sales tax (Washington) it cost me $65.69. Woohoo! Merry Christmas! :D

Jim

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray players/recorder reviews - CNET Reviews
That deal is beyond hot! Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray disc player Google shows $130 as the lowest price online! Congrats and Merry Christmas to you an your family too Jim.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Great deal! Those are one of the fancy ones with the wifi connection no?

The Sony Blu-Rays are top notch.

Merry Christmas!
-------------------------------
EV,
Yes, it's "internet-ready" -- too bad I'm still on dial-up. There is a firmware update I need to install, somehow.

I haven't read the manual yet (I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess (Red Green)) but apparently it can be "synched" or associated to systems that understand the Bravia scheme/plan/language ... whatever that is. (?) Since we have a Bravia TV, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Merry Christmas and congrats on your glider!
Jim

JeepJeep

DTVUSA Member
Here's a hot deal I found today for Blu-ray DVDs,

Fry's $23.99 Movie 3-Packs (on 12/26 only)

Action 3-Pack (Transporter / Transporter 2 / Jumper)
Chickflick 3-Pack (Devil Wears Prada / Juno / 27 Dresses)
Family 3-Pack (Ice Age / Ice Age 2 / Alvin & the Chipmunks)
Hard Action 3-Pack (Hitman / Street Kings / Man on Fire)
Kid 3-Pack (Night at the Museum / Eragon / Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium)
Marvel 3-Pack (Fantastic Four / Fantastic Four 2 / Daredevil)
Muscle 3-Pack (Commando / Predator / AVP)
Action Hero Collection (Day After Tomorrow / i Robot / Terminator)
Jock Collection (Hoosiers / Rocky / Dodgeball)
Funny Guy Collection (Napoleon Dynamite / Office Space / Young Frankenstein)