MLB: Predictions?

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
It's opening night, part two, in the United States this time. And yet it's the Dodgers again. They will have played three games before 27 teams have played one game. I guess that means they'll get a few more days off along the way.

Anyhow, I'm fishing for predictions as to division winners, wild cards, and playoff winners. Here are mine:

NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wildcards: Braves, Pirates

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Royals
AL West: Angels
AL Wildcards: Red Sox, Rangers

NL Champ: Dodgers
AL Champ: Yankees

World Series Champ: Dodgers

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
The Pirates could be very competitive again, no doubt, and the division isn't all that strong, in my opinion. I picked the Cardinals out of habit more than anything else, probably. I just worry about the talent the Pirates lost over the winter, especially in Burnett, Byrd and Morneau. I hope they do well, though, and I hope more people come to appreciate just how great Andrew McCutchen is.

Thomas123

DTVUSA Member
The Pirates could be very competitive again, no doubt, and the division isn't all that strong, in my opinion. I picked the Cardinals out of habit more than anything else, probably. I just worry about the talent the Pirates lost over the winter, especially in Burnett, Byrd and Morneau. I hope they do well, though, and I hope more people come to appreciate just how great Andrew McCutchen is.
Yes, they did lose quite a bit of talent but last season they seemed to bring in the right people at the right time, so we'll see. The Cards ended their run though so, I'm guessing its a well tried habit you have picked up LOL!

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Let me make one thing perfectly clear: I'll be rooting hard for the Cardinals to lose a lot this season. I'm just not sure it's going to happen. I would love to see the Pirates or the Reds take the division. It seems unlikely that the Cubs or the Brewers will make a sustained push, and I'm worried that the Pirates and the Reds both lost too much of what made them good last year.