Questionable DTV Package

Shrn

DTVUSA Rookie
Because I am low income. I subscribe to the lowest tier available from Comcast, [ I live in Central Vt.]. The cost has already been questionable , for what I receive. Now, I am finding Comcast is moving two of my channels[ effective 7/15/08], not replacing them with another channel & NOT reducing the bill. The only way I could continue to receive one of the channels is to RENT from Comcast a set-top converter box @ $3.95 per mo. The only way to continue getting the other channel is to- both rent the previously refenced box AND move to a higher [$$] subscription package !!! I will be going without TV. as I cannot receive anything ” over air” at the present. I do not watch a lot of TV, BUT it is a source of entertainment & “company”, as I am disabled . I’m sure I am not alone. This is NOT A GOOD deal for the average consumer.

R27

DTVUSA Rookie
our cable company kept telling us we did’nt have to do anything for the change to digital. Now we have to get a box for each TV and we can’t buy it we have to rent it every month, that alone is 48.00 before we pick out a group of stations we want. that is 30.00 & up to over a Hundred. We also are told we cannot use the Gov. boxes. It looks like the seniors on small pays do with out. Thanks again for nothing!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R DTV | HDTV Chat 1