Radio shows that later became Television shows

Discussions seem to be rather slow over the past few days, so I felt it was time to get some more topics started.

Anyway, first of all...

everyone knows that a show like Gunsmoke started out on the radio before being translated to Television, but I was just wondering about some of the lesser known Radio to Television series that may be somewhat lesser known.

What series come to mind for you?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
The Green Hornet comes first to mind. Bruce Lee in the role as Kato was a good choice.

Bruce attended the University of Washington and a friend of mine (Jay) attended impromptu Kung Fu classes he held for schoolmates on the U of W grounds. Jay's personal stories about his friendship with Bruce are very interesting. :bowdown: :hail: :first:<---he was the best ever.

Jim

I actually knew that The Green Hornet was a radio show also, but I thought that Bruce Lee was only on the television series and not on the radio as well. At any rate, it was a good but sadly short lived show on the TV.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
I actually knew that The Green Hornet was a radio show also, but I thought that Bruce Lee was only on the television series and not on the radio as well. At any rate, it was a good but sadly short lived show on the TV.
-------------------------------------------------
Astral,

The Radio Show ran from 1938 to 1952: the TV show ran 1966-1967 and he never appeared on the Radio Show.

Jim

Yeah, I didn't think he had ever been on the Radio Show, although he was certainly on the television series version, which was also very groundbreaking I may add. Such a shame that the TV series was so short-lived though!

P

Peach Cobbler

Radio Programs That Became TV Programs

The Lone Ranger, Perry Mason, Dragnet, Name That Tune, Your Hit Parade, The Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Flash Gordon, Grand Ole Opry are some other old radio shows.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Actually, I've been watching the I Love Lucy set, which may be the best DVD collection of all time based on the extras and how they've done them. It's just tremendous. Anyway, they've included a lot of the radio shows of My Favorite Husband, which is essentially I Love Lucy's predecessor. It stars Lucille Ball and is written by the same Lucy writers. Some episodes are almost exact except for the lack of Ricky.