Receiving Equipment Upgrade

G

geggebra

Hello! I am not an expert on Xfinity products/services, thus I find myself very confused about something. I hope someone can point me in the right direction…

According to my bill, my plan is the X1 Preferred Triple Play bundle. I have two TV boxes, both are Pace RNG110. A few weeks ago, I received both email and snailmail saying that I should upgrade my TV boxes (at no cost) to provide access to new features (I assume, to allow me to watch streaming services that I do not believe one can access via the RNG110).

When I tried to order the upgrade online, initially, the system would generate an error each time (“something went wrong, try again”). That is, until a few days ago, when it instead started telling me my equipment is “the latest.”

Today, my wife called the 800 number, and was told that we were not entitled to an equipment upgrade, because our equipment was up-to-date, and suggested that we would need to change our service to get additional features. (Since I wasn’t on the call, I’m not sure _exactly_ what was said, but it definitely became an attempt to sell us something.)

My questions, then, are:

1. Shouldn’t I be entitled to new boxes, that include voice remote and streaming capability? Isn’t that the “standard” equipment for X1 service (which I think I have)?
  2. Where do I go to pursue this? Who do I need to contact?

I am not looking to change plans or services (unless I can get more for less, of course 😊) -- what I have meets my needs -- but I do want to have everything I am entitled to, including the latest version of equipment.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice!

Gary

"Receiving Equipment Upgrade," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding Receiving Equipment Upgrade, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Comcast 0
R Comcast 0
R Comcast 0