Retiring xfinity app is not good UNLESS they are providing a better app - XFinity

I received the notification about the xfinity connect app and Voice2Go retirement this morning. I found the information also noted at Xfinity Connect App Retirement - Xfinity Support.

I contacted support asking about another app (a new one from xfinity or an existing app such as outlook) that would work with xfinity emails. I check emails frequently and receive many email notifications/alerts from different businesses and I do not want to have to log into connect.xfinity.com to check emails to see if I have any alerts of fraudulent activities. I want it to show on my phone so I know immediately.

After being on the phone a while with the support person and persistently asking if another app will be provided or one exists we can use ... I was finally told that "by the end of next week, xfinity will be supplying a new app -- watch for the notification". End of next week would be March 12. So, we will see if there are any updates from xfinity. I would think they would have noted in their retirement notification that a replacement app was in the works.

This question, "Retiring xfinity app is not good UNLESS they are providing a better app," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding Retiring xfinity app is not good UNLESS they are providing a better app, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.