Slow WiFi, Fast Ethernet - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Slow WiFi, Fast Ethernet", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. My WiFi has been rather slow for as long as I can remember. I have always used Spectrum's modem and my own Linksys router. Last week I contacted Spectrum who provided tech support to try to speed things up. I could get 88 Mbps download and 11.8 Mbps upload when I used my Ethernet cable. When I would check the speed using WiFi I would get 29 Mbps upload and 11.xx download. After trouble shooting, Spectrum said the problem was my Linksys router. I contacted Linksys and over the course of 2 days, we troubled shooted my problem. Linksys finally said I must have firmware issues with my rouuter and said there was nothing more they could do.

Today, I went to Spectrum and leased on of their routers, thinking mine was bad. I get home, get it hooked up and had fast internet when connected via Ethernet. Unfortuneately when I would connect with WiFi, my internet was still slow, about 30 Mbps upload.

Tonight I've called Spectrum three times to get help and each time a recording came on saying there was a problem and my phone would disconnect.

Does anyone have suggestions on what may be going on with the WiFi. FYI, the slow speed is affecting 3 different laptops.

Slow WiFi, Fast Ethernet?