Spectrum Internet with Netgear Nighthawk WIFI Extender - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Spectrum Internet with Netgear Nighthawk WIFI Extender", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I just got spectrum's internet and phone because AT&T could not provide the bandwidth compared to spectrum. My main (Spectrum) Router/Modem resides in the garage in the middle of the house. I have a Netgear Wifi extender in the house which provides all of the all automation equipment (Smarthings hub, insteon hub etc. as well as wired ethernet connections (TV, Directv, Insteon Hub etc). I also have a netgear switch which handles all of the traffic of these wired devices and has one cable going to the netgear wifi extender. The Netgear wifi extender is not that far from the main router. Signal is great but with the 2Ghz and 5ghz extending the 2 ghz keeps crashing causing me to have to re-boot the extender and sometimes the spectrum router will need a reboot becasuse the 2ghz is not working. Is this a common issue with this spectrum equipment and the netgear routers? Do I need to get a different extender that is more combatible with spectrum equipment? My Television which is hardwired will stop working with Netflix when this issue happens and it is hardwired via ethernet.

Spectrum Internet with Netgear Nighthawk WIFI Extender?