The NBA goes 3D, Dec. 17

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/06/sports/basketball/06NBA.html?_r=2&ref=technology

From the article:

"The game between the Miami Heat and the Knicksat Madison Square Garden on Dec. 17 will be broadcast on ESPN’s 3-D network, making it the first N.B.A. game broadcast in 3-D, according to N.B.A. and ESPN officials. The network will show eight regular-season games in 3-D during the 2010-2011 season, and another six in the playoffs." ...

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to have to demo this 3-D ESPN channel sometime soon. Can it really be worthwhile? The difference between a film being shot in 3-D and a sports event is that if a scene in a film is shot, and it looks bad in 3-D, it can be re-shot. Can't quite do that with a sports event.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
A follow-up article

ESPN plans 3D NBA broadcasts for this season & post season | MyCE – My Consumer Electronics

From the article: :playball:

"ESPN will expand further into the 3D broadcast market before the end of 2010, when it airs NBA games for the first time in 3D.

ESPN and the NBA plan to air 8 games this season, starting with a game between the Miami Heat and New York Knicks on Friday, December 17th. Six NBA post-season games will also be shown in 3D next spring, the sports channel announced." ...

dejavu19

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It seems like we are going to experience it like playing a 3d games from a computer. what do you think guys? will it works or not? .. i'm getting excited to the outcome of it. lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Comcast 0
B Comcast 0
D Comcast 0