This one's for DTVUser2009: WPSD picks up RTV

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
OK, buddy, you didn't like WEHT messing with your RTV, and you've told me you can get WPSD (you lucky guy you), so now you'll have RTV whenever you want.

WPSD, according to RabbitEars.info, now has RTV on channel 6.2.

Now that I've made your day, I'm goin' to bed. You may thank me, thank WPSD and also Trip for passing along the info :bowdown: later. ;)

(Hope your day is better than mine will be!)

Just making sure....i forget which sub-channel their weather feed is. i don't want to lose that, but so long as it's not sports and having great shows go missing in action, i'm happier even if i have to live with 14X.

So far it's been a little of a pain to compensate with the internet TV. i've been able to watch the shows, yes, but some nimrod next door is hogging the bandwidth with his World of Warcraft so it's been spotty (this broadcase internet is a shared system) but this makes my day.

'Retro' TV here already has some 1990s. Seinfeld is one, followed by the attempted remake of Airwolf, which has a staple now :( on WEHT-25.2

Oh and for those millennium bugs, a 2006 series, Midnight Monster Hop, took out Black Sheep Squadron at 10PM CST Saturday nights (although they brought it back on Sundays, record it then, wait till 10 saturday, then pop the tape in and it's like it never left. at least that show was spared.

Although WPSD has been a tad hit and miss (the winds, ya know) which can be solved with a little antenna magic, this should be interesting.

Last edited:

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
Seinfeld comes from WEHT, not RTV. They had to have a 30-minute program to fit in the 9:30-10pm timeslot, and that was all that WEHT had handy.

Airwolf was RTV's call.

RabbitEars.info shows the following channel lineup on WPSD:
* 6.1 WPSD (NBC)
* 6.2 RTV
* 6.3 Weather
* 6.4 News (10-11pm)

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure on that lineup. I've been told RTV is on 6-2 and the other two pre-date that addition.

I think it's right.

- Trip

6.4 was always a test pattern for me. the channel usually is strongest after 10PM (with no wind) but it's just rainbow and there was a 'WPSD Local 6' bug that's not on the pattern any longer.

when RTV went to sports, i just watched Ghost Whisperer (used to be only on WAZE) on CBS at the time RTV played ball.

as for Airwolf, i have to say it's gone. it's that crappy remake. only on saturdays and sundays. i usually love Canadian-made TV, lots of great CINAR shows, but this is cheezier than carrol burnett--which the latter was at least funny.

RTV's B&W shows are gone at least with the exception of Alfred Hitchcock. the oldest show i've seen lately is Operation Petticoat, a funny classic about a submarine crew. it comes on Sundays just before the channel goes to a catholic ceremony.

A little antenna tweaking and hopes for zero wind i'll let you all in on what the 'new' RTV offers. i'm also wondering if other distants i pick up may carry it. Bowling Green has WBKO but i am unsure if they have another channel or if they'll carry an RTV. it's easier to pick that one up than PSD lately. which is odd, since WBKO is VHF

WAZE has been so easy to get lately after trying WPSD (failed last night, one bar isn't enough but the winds are in excess of 10MPH) i just watched George Lopez :)

Last edited:
6.4 was always a test pattern for me. the channel usually is strongest after 10PM (with no wind) but it's just rainbow and there was a 'WPSD Local 6' bug that's not on the pattern any longer.

when RTV went to sports, i just watched Ghost Whisperer (used to be only on WAZE) on CBS at the time RTV played ball.

as for Airwolf, i have to say it's gone. it's that crappy remake. only on saturdays and sundays. i usually love Canadian-made TV, lots of great CINAR shows, but this is cheezier than carrol burnett--which the latter was at least funny.

RTV's B&W shows are gone at least with the exception of Alfred Hitchcock. the oldest show i've seen lately is Operation Petticoat, a funny classic about a submarine crew. it comes on Sundays just before the channel goes to a catholic ceremony.