Verizon FiOS Rated Highest Speed ISP by Speedtest.net

dkreichen1968

Staff member

FiOS Internet delivered average download speeds of 29.4 Mbps, according to the report, which was based on data collected from Speedtest.net. Midcontinent placed second, with an average download speed of 24.7 Mbps. It was followed by Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) (22.2 Mbps); Bright House Networks (21.5 Mbps); Cablevision's (NYSE: CVC) Optimum Online (21 Mbps); Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) (20.4 Mbps); RCN (19.6 Mbps); Wave Broadband (17.8 Mbps) and Cox Communications (17.2 Mbps).
Read more: Verizon, Midcontinent ranked fastest ISPs by PC Magazine - FierceCable

Way to go Verizon!!! Congratulations on your win. I use speedtest.net on a regular basis to check my internet speed. It is an excellent tool for checking your connection speed and keeping your ISP honest. While I still don't know what you would need a 30 Mbps connection for in a residential setting it's nice to know that it is available in some areas (not mine ;)).

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I'm jealous. I'm stuck at about 16 Mbps with Comcast. Not that it's slow. Lol. I wonder when wireless data speeds are going to catch up to wired ISP's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Comcast 0