VHS to DVD Converter Recommendations

M

M.Creaser

I am interested in VHS to DVD converter stand alone with out t.v. or computer. Where and cost? I have to many home and local movies to send away etc. Thanks

Aerial

DTVUSA Member
There MANY on the internet . In the google search box type in words like but not limited to , vcr dvd recorder player. Here is one of MANY sellers. http://www.world-import.com/Pal_NTSC_Multi_System_Region_Free_DVD_VCR_Combos.htm. At the world-import web site , under the heading of , Shop by Category , click on , DVD Recorders. Here is a very nice VCR DVD recorder player that Panasonic recently stopped selling , can find on line , Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
One thing to be aware of: using a DVD standalone recorder, it will detect copy protection flags (macrovision) and refuse to copy your tapes. This is especially true of dvd/vhs combo units.

The most foolproof way to duplicate VHS tapes to DVD is to connect your VCR to a computer with a Video Capture Card or usb device. It is also the cheapest solution if you already own a computer with a DVD burner in it. Most capture cards come with adequate software for capturing video.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
One thing to be aware of: using a DVD standalone recorder, it will detect copy protection flags (macrovision) and refuse to copy your tapes. This is especially true of dvd/vhs combo units.
This is true. Whats weird is that I have one of the last vcr's Sony made and that dude will copy dvd's with copy guard on them. One might think I could then copy the vhs recording back to dvd but nope. Apparently the vcr also records the macrovision from the dvd to the tape. Go figure...