WiFi bulk account - Connecting a security camera to 2.5g - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "WiFi bulk account - Connecting a security camera to 2.5g", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I just tried to call support and the agent was as pleasant and helpful as a wall. He literally said, "I don't know." then there was a silent pause no additional help offered. So, I'm giving this a shot.

• I have a security camera that will only connect to 2.5G WiFi - I do not have access to the MAC address of the camera
  • I live in an apartment complex that has a bulk account, therefore I don't have access to a router or the ability to manually select a 2.5G option when connecting to WiFi. By default the community WiFi being offered is 5g.
  • The security camera I am attempting to connect to the internet utilizes my iPhone's WiFi connection to get started.

That being said, how can I go about forcing my iPhone (and as a result security camera) to 2.5G? How do I access the slower bands? Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

I've spent a ton of time trying to figure this out by scouring the internet. After my call with Mr. Attitude in support, I am so frustrated! I'm sure someone else has run into this problem before, I just can't find a reference to it.

WiFi bulk account - Connecting a security camera to 2.5g?