Wireless Cable Box Still Works while in Router in Bridge Model?

M

mattishere65

I currently have the Xfi system and have my main modem/router set in bridge mode as I have it connected to a mesh wireless system (Linksys Velop Mesh Network). From my research, I found out that I couldn't use a wireless cable box if my modem/router was set in bridge mode. I wanted to try it so I picked up a wireless cable box and connected it to my new Sony TV. I thought functionality would be limited but it worked perfectly fine. I was able to view the guide, watch TV, use voice commands on the remote, use the DVR and access the apps (YouTube, Netflix, etc.). So I'm a bit stumped as I'm happy that it's working as I don't have coaxial in the room where the TV is located but don't know why Comcast indicates this will not work when the router is in bridge mode. What am I missing? Why is it working if Comcast indicates it can be used if your router is in bridge mode?

"Wireless Cable Box Still Works while in Router in Bridge Model?," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding Wireless Cable Box Still Works while in Router in Bridge Model?, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Comcast 0
3 Comcast 0
J Comcast 0