Would an Indoor Antenna Booster Help Me?

DTVnotworking

DTVUSA Jr. Member
i havent been on here since the switch when i first couldnt get any channels at all hardley... since then half of the channels come in with only channel 2 24 45 and 54 giving little to no problems (all baltimore channels)... 5 11 13 pop in and out all the time most of the time i get them but whenever it gets "moody" i dont which is usually sometime during the day everyday... ive totally lost channels 4 7 9 20 (all washignton channels... channel 20 i had it once in the beginning havent re scanned to get it again) and 50 ... im not surprised ive lost all washington channels after the switch (except for 5) because when i did get any of them on analog like 5 20 and 50 they were always fuzzy 4 7 and 9 didnt really come in at all just like now on digital

Im really trying to get channel 50 in Washington back... im right in between Baltimore and Washington... like i said i used to get it on analog before all the DTV stuff started but it would come in fuzzy so not surprised im having problems with it on digital... sometimes it will come in fine at night (i guess the signals stronger then) but during the day I either dont get it at all or i only get quick spurts of signals every couple minutes but mostly nothing... i know nothing about digital tv transmissions or anything like that so im only using common sense when i figure maybe an antenna booster would help me get channel 50 and some of the rest im having problems with... but i have no idea because i know nothing about this kind of stuff... but you guys do so if someone could tell me if they think it would help and if so which indoor booster is the best to get... or any other suggestions... im in an apt bldng so i cant put anything up on a roof

i im on the 2nd floor of a 3 level brick apartment buliding... using an Tivax indoor amped antenna... with magnavox convertor box.. TV Fool

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
I'll probably get slammed for this, but if you check Walmart, they sell a Philips amp that MIGHT work. They're not terribly expensive (around $25), but be sure to keep your receipt if it doesn't work. I haven't seen your TVFool report, but I got decent results with that unit before a power surge took it out.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
I'll probably get slammed for this, but if you check Walmart, they sell a Philips amp that MIGHT work. They're not terribly expensive (around $25), but be sure to keep your receipt if it doesn't work. I haven't seen your TVFool report, but I got decent results with that unit before a power surge took it out.
Using an amp on a amplified antenna?