X1 DVR lags 15-20 seconds behind satellite box, messes up Smart Resume

C

CTHusky72

The playback on my TV with my X1 DVR (model XG1r4) lags behind that on my satellite boxes by about 15-20 seconds. This is normally not a problem - it's just weird going from watching Live TV on a satellite TV to my main TV and seeing the same content again. The issue is that this delay messes up Smart Resume for recorded playback. On the satellite box, Smart Resume restarts playback at the proper place in the recording whereas, on the DVR box, playback starts 15-20 seconds later which is after the end of commercials, requiring a manual rewind, thereby defeating the purpose of the Smart Resume. I have tried switching the cable boxes between TVs (thinking it might have something to do with the setups) and the added delay always follows the DVR box. I have also compared the timing of Live TV on the DVR box to streaming on a tablet and the DVR box is even later than the stream! Is this normal behavior or could it be a problem with my DVR box?

"X1 DVR lags 15-20 seconds behind satellite box, messes up Smart Resume," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding X1 DVR lags 15-20 seconds behind satellite box, messes up Smart Resume, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Comcast 0
A Comcast 0
V Comcast 0