X1 Premier Pro Triple Play with Netflix

B

bradwolf667

On June 20, 2019 I called Xfinity to upgrade my service from the Digital Starter package to X1 Premier Pro Triple Play with Netflix. This package was to include internet with download speeds up to 1000 Mbps, TV with 260+ Channels, phone with unlimited calling nationwide, and a 2-year agreement. Other details include NETFLIX, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, TMC® and 150 Hours of DVR Service plus HD.

I have an existing Netflix account. I was told during the call that I could link the Netflix account with the Xfinity account and for the 2-year contract, the Netflix fee would be taken care of by the Xfinity package.

I read the Xfinity Netflix package FAQ’s regarding linking an existing Netflix account with the Xfinity account.

The FAQ’s stated the following:

I signed up for an Xfinity package that includes Netflix. How do I activate my Netflix account?
Launch the Netflix app on your X1 TV Box, then follow the prompts to either link your existing Netflix account to your Xfinity package or create a new Netflix account to be linked to your Xfinity package.

Note: If you link an existing Netflix account, your method of payment for that Netflix account will transition to Comcast and you will no longer be charged a separate fee by Netflix.

When I used the Netflix app for the first time, I was never prompted to link my existing Netflix account with my Xfinity package.

I contacted customer service on June 27, 2019 and presented the above information. I was told by the customer service agent that I would need to continue to pay for Netflix separately and that Netflix service is not part of my new X1 Pro package. This is a big surprise to me. One of the reasons I signed up for the X1 Pro package was that it was to include Netflix streaming service. It is disappointing that the package is not as advertised nor as I agreed to when I place the order over the phone on June 20, 2019. The customer service agent that I spoke to on June 27, 2019, was apologetic but it does not change the fact that I am not getting the services that I was sold.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Brad Wolf

"X1 Premier Pro Triple Play with Netflix," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding X1 Premier Pro Triple Play with Netflix, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.