What Channel Does Mega Millions Come on: Everything You Need to Know
The Mega Millions lottery is one of the most popular and exciting lotteries in the United States. Every week, millions of people eagerly await the drawing, hoping to win the life-changing jackpot. But have you ever wondered what channel you can watch the Mega Millions drawing on? In this article, we will answer that question and provide you with some interesting facts about the Mega Millions lottery.
What Channel Does Mega Millions Come on?
The Mega Millions drawing is televised live every Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 PM Eastern Time. The drawing takes place in Atlanta, Georgia, and it is broadcasted on various television channels across the United States. The specific channel on which Mega Millions comes on may vary depending on your location. However, the most common channels that broadcast the Mega Millions drawing include:
1. WSB-TV (ABC) in Atlanta, Georgia
2. WGN-TV (CW) in Chicago, Illinois
3. WXYZ-TV (ABC) in Detroit, Michigan
4. WDIV-TV (NBC) in Detroit, Michigan
5. WFLA-TV (NBC) in Tampa, Florida
These are just a few examples, and it is recommended to check your local listings to find out the channel that airs the Mega Millions drawing in your area.
Interesting Facts about Mega Millions:
1. Largest Jackpot: The largest Mega Millions jackpot ever won was a staggering $1.537 billion. This record-breaking jackpot was won on October 23, 2018, a lucky ticket holder in South Carolina.
2. Second-Largest Jackpot: The second-largest Mega Millions jackpot was $1.05 billion, won on January 22, 2021. This enormous prize was won a lucky ticket holder in Michigan.
3. The Megaplier: Mega Millions offers a Megaplier option for an additional $1. This feature can multiply non-jackpot prizes 2, 3, 4, or 5 times, giving players even more chances to win big.
4. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are approximately 1 in 302.6 million. However, the odds of winning any prize in the lottery are much more favorable, at around 1 in 24.
5. Contributions to Education: A significant portion of the revenue generated the Mega Millions lottery goes towards supporting education in the participating states. Since its inception in 1996, Mega Millions has contributed billions of dollars to education programs.
Common Questions about Mega Millions:
1. How much does a Mega Millions ticket cost?
A Mega Millions ticket costs $2 per play.
2. Can I play Mega Millions online?
Yes, you can purchase Mega Millions tickets online through various authorized lottery websites.
3. What time do Mega Millions ticket sales stop?
Ticket sales for Mega Millions close approximately 15 minutes before the drawing takes place, which is at 10:45 PM Eastern Time.
4. Can I remain anonymous if I win the Mega Millions jackpot?
It depends on the state in which you purchased the ticket. Some states allow winners to remain anonymous, while others require their identities to be disclosed.
5. How long do I have to claim my Mega Millions prize?
The time limit to claim a Mega Millions prize varies from state to state but is typically around 180 days.
6. Can I choose the numbers on my Mega Millions ticket?
Yes, you can choose your own numbers or use the Quick Pick option to have the computer randomly select them for you.
7. Can I play Mega Millions if I don’t live in the United States?
Some states allow non-residents to play Mega Millions, but you must purchase the ticket within the state where the lottery is offered.
8. What happens if there is no jackpot winner?
If no one matches all the winning numbers, the jackpot rolls over to the next drawing, resulting in an even larger prize.
9. Are Mega Millions winnings taxable?
Yes, Mega Millions winnings are subject to federal and state taxes.
10. Can I claim a Mega Millions prize in a different state?
Yes, you can claim a Mega Millions prize in any participating state, regardless of where you purchased the ticket.
11. What is the lump-sum cash option?
The lump-sum cash option allows winners to receive the prize in a one-time payment rather than annual payments over several years.
12. How are Mega Millions numbers drawn?
The Mega Millions numbers are drawn using a random number generator machine under the supervision of independent auditors.
13. How many states participate in the Mega Millions lottery?
Currently, 45 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands participate in the Mega Millions lottery.
14. Is there a minimum age requirement to play Mega Millions?
Yes, you must be at least 18 years old to play Mega Millions in most states.
Now that you know what channel the Mega Millions drawing comes on and have learned some interesting facts about the lottery, you can tune in and join the excitement of potentially winning the jackpot. Good luck!